Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bookmarking love it or leave it?

This is an overwhelming subject with a vast array of social bookmarking sites available, for example Del.icio.us. This site is a great idea allowing all your favourite blogs to be listed in one convenient place. I absolutely love Library Thing which allows you to have an online listing of all the books you have read and love. You can share this list if you wish with a select group or the whole wide world. All these sites are fantastic but where do you find the time to hop on and have a look. Between Face book, twitter, Del.icio.us, blogging, email and texting we are constantly bombarded with another time wasting endeavour. I will be the first to admit that I love Face book and social bookmarking however I think we all have the choice on what resource we find the most valuable and do we have time to dedicate to it. A struggle I think which is not new to Library staff and one quite frankly I think should never end. When we stop trying new technologies I think we stop trying to deliver quality service to our clientele.

No comments:

Post a Comment